This course is designed for junior drivers from the age of 12 to 18 years old. The course will consist of tutorial on car control, safety and car preparation. Driving instruction is on a one-on-one basis, with instructors approved by the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS). It is preferred that participants have some driving experience in sprint karts, motorkhanas, khanacross or RTA learners permit.
Pupils under 18 years of age will require a parent or guardian to sign the entry form to give permission.
- A scrutineering (safety check) will be carried out on all training vehicles 30 min before the advertised start. Please make sure your vehicle is in a road worthy and safe condition.
- Your car can be a road registered or unregistered vehicle. Single seat competition vehicles are allowed only with the specific approval of the chief instructor.
- Safety apparel required is neck to ankle cotton-based clothing with long sleeves. A helmet and flat thin sole shoes are preferred.
- Drivers of open top sports cars must wear gloves and goggles or a helmet with visor.
- Cars should also be equipped with a fire extinguisher, bonnet strap and seat belts in good condition.
- Entry for junior members of the MG Car Club Newcastle is Free.
- Entry for junior members of other car clubs is $15 dollars. Why not join the MG Car Club Newcastle and gain the free entry ($25 per year).
- Minimum license requirement is a CAMS L1 (come and try) licence at $25 dollars – but a Junior L2S licence for 12 months is only $15 !
- 12 month licence will be available on the day.
CONDUCTED AT THE RINGWOOD PARK MOTOR SPORT COMPLEX
For dates check the calendar page.
For further information phone Greg Hunter 0412 493 711